Prepare for your Body Reset
Giving yourself a day or so to prepare for your Body Reset will not only make the transition from your current eating habits a little easier, but it will also allow you to feel the benefits on a deeper level. We remove all common toxic trigger foods including wheat, gluten, dairy, refined sugars, and most pulses and grains from the Body Reset daily menu, which helps create a more alkaline environment in your gut, and free up energy that would otherwise be used to process these foods. There are a few other omissions and additions to your everyday which you might like to consider; aim to follow as many of the tips below as you can, and you’ll be well on your way to laying a great foundation for a fabulous Body Reset.
In the days leading up to your Body Reset Programme:
- Toxic trigger foods. Remove entirely or greatly limit your intake of common toxic trigger foods including: alcohol, caffeine, dairy, refined sugar, wheat & gluten.
- Hydration. Keep yourself hydrated with plenty of water and herbal teas. Herbals teas containing fennel, ginger, peppermint, nettle leaf, aniseed – these are all really good, also great to keep drinking throughout your Body Reset Programme.
- Sustaining Lunch, lighter dinner. Try to make lunch your main meal of the day, and enjoy a smaller supper in the evening.
- 12 Hour Window. Aim for a 12-hour window between your last evening meal or snack, and breakfast. Maintaining a 12-hour break between meals will be a critical part of your Body Reset Programme, so try and start the habit as many days prior as you can.
- Minimise Stress. Consider your work and personal commitments that will occur on the same days as your Body Reset. Try to avoid any potentially stressful situations that may arise – if you can push that deadline back, or reschedule social commitments, you’ll be creating a much better environment for your mind and body.
- Move your body. Maintaining light exercise before, during and after your cleanse is really important. Your Body Reset is all about reflecting on habits that were hindering your health, and replacing them with habits that support your wellbeing. Skip the after-work drinks and go a brisk walk instead.
Daily Rituals to adopt during your Body Reset Programme:
While your daily dietary requirements will be taken care of, there are some activities you can do during your Body Reset that will allow you to feel the benefits on an even deeper level. Consider your Body Reset an opportunity to explore new daily habits that might just become apart of your ongoing daily feel-good ritual.
- Meditation. Start with 5 minutes of mindful breathing each day. Don’t expect to become a spirit meditation junkie overnight. It does take time. But the benefits of meditation are real - reduced stress-levels will be a sure sign of it.
- Dry Skin Body Brushing. Body brushing your pre-showered skin with coarse natural bristles helps to kick-start the lymphatic system, which helps remove toxins from the body. Moisturize afterwards with organic coconut butter or olive oil.
- Massage. Book yourself a massage. It feels great, relieves tension, and encourages circulation.
- Yoga. Yoga is a wonderful combination of physical movement and mind meditation. Choose a less intensive yoga style during your Body Reset, and explore the more intense after.
- Hot & Cold Showers. Hot & cold showers, also known as ‘contrast’ showers or ‘hydrotherapy’ helps increase the flow of circulation in your body, and strengthen your immunity. For tips on how to practice hydrotherapy at home read this article on Gaia.
If you're breastfeeding, pregnant or have a health condition such as diabetes, we don't recommend you participate in the Body Reset Programme.